Dec 02 2008
What’s new in digital media? Subscribe to digitalhhr.com to receive today’s news:
- The New York Times has a piece on Facebook Connect, a new initiative to extend the web’s most popular social networking service to other web sites.
- The Huffington Post just closed a new round of financing totaling $25 million, bringing the company’s valuation to $100 million. More info here.
- Digital music sales will continue to grow, reaching 41 percent of total sales by 2013, according to a report by Jupiter Research. However, overall growth will continue to drop from annual sales of $10.2 billion to $9.8 billion.
- A new study on web video viewing habits may help marketers refine their ad strategies. According to TubeMogul, only 16.62% of folks who click on a three-minute video will watch it all the way through. While this sounds like a nail in the coffin for post-rolls, marketers seeking “true believers” (i.e. those sitting through an entire video) may see the post-roll as a cost-effective approach.
- Microsoft and Blockbuster collaborate to deliver video on demand to mobile devices. Click here for more info.